After the school’s previous contract expired, many meetings were had with potential contractors, and feedback was sought on each candidate from the School Council, Chair of PTA governors and the staff, who were all unanimous in their selection.
CucinA fulfilled Mr Ferguson’s brief of a chef-led, restaurant-style canteen, and immediately their ‘stealthy eating’ approach – creating an interesting, varied menu which focuses on eating healthily – was a hit with students and staff alike.
CucinA’s food is all cooked ‘from scratch’ with fresh ingredients on the premises each day, providing a flexible breakfast, break, lunch and after-school service for the students. CucinA provides food that is ethically-sourced and home-produced, as well as looking after the environment by reducing packaging and ensuring minimal waste. The canteen also uses biometric data technology so that students no longer have to carry money or cheques around the school.
- in receipt of Income Support
- in receipt of Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- in receipt of an Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- in receipt of a Child Tax Credit, but not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) of no more than £16,190 (from 6 April 2015)
- being supported by the National Asylum Support Service (NASS)
- in receipt of Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
Online applications to the London Borough of Hounslow can be made via the London Borough of Hounslow website; click here to access it. Our administrative staff are happy to help you process your application; contact us if you require assistance.