Our core drive is to ensure that the school provides an outstanding education and excellent opportunities for all local boys, and for the girls who join our Sixth Form.
We have a strong commitment to the pursuit of learning, not purely for the attainment of formal qualifications but also with the intention of seeing our students grow as individuals into mature, considerate and confident young men and women.
- Successful learners that are cared for in a happy, safe, challenging and rich learning environment;
- Autonomous and resilient learners who strive for excellence and fulfil their potential both educationally and personally;
- Offered a rich range of academic, creative and sporting opportunities, within an environment which recognises our long history and established traditions;
- Responsible citizens, with the skills, knowledge and understanding to contribute to society and to their community;
- Mannered, considerate, ambitious and confident young men and women ready to enjoy success in the world of work and leisure.
- Having a relentless focus on outstanding teaching and learning;
- maximising each student’s academic achievement as measured in tests and examinations;
- encouraging participation and celebrating achievements;
- a clear value system that allows for a positive climate for learning where students are responsible for their learning, progress and behaviour;
- providing opportunities for students to develop responsibility and leadership;
- being a welcoming, innovative school that works with external partners and plans for the future;
- providing a modern, clean and impressively-resourced school.
- Every student has a right to an outstanding education;
- Every student can be a successful learner;
- Every student can and deserves to achieve their full potential.
We seek to foster an ethos of mutual respect throughout the school through our local and global communities. Our most important values are:
- Our commitment to learning;
- Challenge and Achievement;
- Honesty, Forgiveness, and Tolerance.