We encourage as many students as possible to take part in performances to demonstrate ability across the whole spectrum. The programme comprises of performances rehearsed in class time and at extra-curricular clubs. We also encourage students to set up and rehearse their own ensembles.
Instrumental lessons are arranged in the school, using specialist peripatetic teachers provided by the Hounslow Music Service, ensuring that all students at Isleworth & Syon are given the opportunity to learn an instrument formally during their time at the school and pursue accredited music qualifications.
RSL Subsidiary Diploma for Music Practitioners
There are also a number of groups organised by the department for breaktime, lunchtime and after school. These include:
- I&S Big Band
- I&S Concert Orchestra
- The InSpire Vocal Crew
- Guitar Ensemble
- Senior Awards Evening (December);
- Winter Concert (December);
- Whole School Production (January);
- Drama & Music Showcase (March);
- Summer Arts Festival (July);
- Key Stage 3 Awards Evening (July);
- End-of-term assemblies (December, March/April, July);
- Any other assemblies where the opportunity arises.
- Battle of the Bands
- School album
To apply for lessons, please read the information sheet below and then click the ‘Apply Now’ button underneath: