At Isleworth & Syon, we work with local partners to provide high-quality training opportunities. We aim to:
- train top-quality teachers who inspire learners to make outstanding progress
- build outstanding, long-lasting links with local universities and SCITTs
- deliver a rigorous and robust induction process
- coordinate a thorough professional studies programme delivered by experts
- ensure early identification of problems and tailored support plans to support struggling trainees
- provide excellent departmental mentors who are skilled in coaching and mentoring
- ensure an outstanding professional environment for trainees to develop their skills
- support school recruitment and retention through shaping excellent new teachers in an attractive work environment, and by providing CPD and opportunities for self-reflection for existing staff.
Isleworth & Syon School is part of the London West Alliance, providing training places for secondary teachers. Teacher training is delivered through the LWA SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training), in association with Roehampton University, who offer a variety of routes into the profession:
- School Direct – Salaried
- School Direct – Training
Application is through the UCAS website, for more information please visit this link: http://www.lwascitt.org.uk
We also take trainees through Teach First, the University of Roehampton, UCL/IOE and St Mary’s University.
In addition, the Department for Education (DFE) provide further information about the process at https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/.
If you would like to gain some experience of the classroom before you apply for a teacher training route, we offer opportunities to come and observe best practice (subject to DBS checks and availability). Please contact Laura Lane (Assistant Headteacher in charge of Teacher Training) – email@example.com