The Senior Leadership Team are the sole arbiters of acceptable standards in all cases.
- School Blazer with Badge.
- School Tie (clip-on ties for Years 7 & 8) or Colours Tie when awarded.
- Black School Trousers (Formal style – no canvas/chino or jean style trousers.)
- Optional plain, black belt if required. (No other coloured belts are permitted.)
- White Shirt. (Long- or short-sleeved)
- Black Outdoor Shoes. (No trainers or casual leisure footwear/no boots/no “Kickers” or similar. No logos or additional colours. )
- Black ‘V’ Necked Sweater/Black “V” Necked “tanktop”. (Optional)
- Plain Dark Coloured Socks.
- Plain Dark Outer Coat if required. (No Denim, Leather or Suede; no hooded sweatshirts, tracksuit tops nor any “sports” or fashion items, no logos.)
Please click here to view some examples of unacceptable hairstyles. Please note that this list is not exhaustive. The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) are the final arbiters of the Appearance Code in all cases.
*Conventional = formal not casual, businesslike/office standard dress/traditional/not related to any current musical, sporting or fashion trend.
Religious ornaments, we realise, are sometimes required to be worn. Students are welcome to do so where this is a compulsory requirement of their faith and as long as they are small, unobtrusive and not potentially dangerous in nature or misused in any way.
(Current guidance indicates that the vast majority of symbolic items/requirements for any faith are optional and therefore – as we are a non-denominational school – are not permitted within this policy.)
|House Polo Shirt||School Games Shirt|
|Black Shorts||Black Shorts|
|White sport socks||Red School Games Socks|
|Training Shoes / Astro Trainers||Football/Rugby Boots|
All students need to bring a towel for showering purposes and should either wear swimming trunks or athletic supports while participating in the lesson. Students unable to participate will be required to change into their kit and contribute to the lesson through observation, refereeing and other general duties.