We’re delighted to welcome you to our brand new website, launched on 5 September 2016. This new site has been in planning and development for over a year, and has been redesigned and redeveloped from the ground up in order to focus on delivering visitors the best possible user experience.
New responsive design
This new site has been redeveloped from scratch, with the core user experience at the forefront of everything we do. We have designed with mobile in mind, and we are delighted to announce that the site is now fully responsive, meaning that the fluid design will adapt to whatever screen size it is being viewed on! The new site looks absolutely fantastic on mobile phones of any size, tablets, laptops and PCs.
We’ve also given everything a virtual lick of paint, with more immersive and bold colour choices and fonts being used throughout. Look out for the full-width images and slideshow galleries on most pages, which create a vivid visual experience and provide a good look at the day-to-day life of Isleworth & Syon.
Not only that, but we’ve made a number of significant improvements behind-the-scenes which ensure that the new website is smoother, slicker and faster, making it easier than ever for you to access the content you need.
Find content easier than ever before
With this redesign, we made it a priority to improve the organisational structure of the site. Everything is now slotted into seven distinct sections – ‘About Us’, ‘Admissions’, ‘Sixth Form’, ‘Curriculum & Learning’, ‘Pastoral Care’, ‘Parents’ and ‘Students’ – which you can navigate to directly from the menu at the top of the page. With vastly improved search results and a sidebar on each page telling you what else is contained within that section, it’s simple to find what you’re interested in.
Every single gallery, news item and letter has been tagged and categorised, meaning that it’s easier than ever to find content related to the page you’re viewing – you can browse categories at the top and tags at the bottom of each page. In addition, on certain pages you’ll now see a yellow box with suggestions for related content, allowing you to dig deeper into a particular topic.
Lots of other bits!
- After a short hiatus last academic year, we’re bringing back galleries this year, to give you a deeper look at some of the main events of the school year.
- Sports Results will also be returning; each Monday morning, we’ll post the results from the previous week, so you can track how our various sports teams are getting on.
- We’ll continue to uploads letters home on the day they’ve been given to your son/ward – no more rummaging through the bottom of the bag for that all-important letter!*
- We’re focusing on posting lots more news this year – check out the redesigned ‘News’ page to catch up on what’s been happening.
- The calendar is back after some technical issues at the end of last year. Look out for a post soon that explains how you can add the school calendar to your personal device!
- Browse all curriculum subjects through one page by clicking ‘Subjects’ in the ‘Curriculum & Learning’ section in the main menu.
- … and lots of other little tweaks to make your experience better!
- * Note: We only post letters that have been sent to a large group (e.g. the whole year group). We do not post letters that have been sent to students on an individual basis.
Being outstanding in every respect is at the cornerstone of everything we do at Isleworth & Syon, and this extends to our communications. With our Twitter (www.twitter.com/IsleworthSyon) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/IsleworthSyon) social media accounts going from strength to strength, we continue to keep parents/carers up-to-date with everything that goes on in the school on a day-to-day basis.